Monday, July 21, 2014

S Girls Summer Camping Adventures

I love that the girls enjoy camping.  Antie She has been awesome about getting away with us and up for any adventure we encounter.  I don't know if we would do this as much if I didn't have her along!

Our first trip was back to Whitewater where we hiked, swam in the river, played on the beach and made some new friends. You have to love Antie She's sandman.  The other kids on the beach were enthralled with it!










We then headed south again.  We made a big breakfast my new camp stove (yum!), went swimming in the pool and explored.  Tubing was an experience trying to find flip-flops and watching a bald eagle watch us. On Sunday I convinced everyone that we could bike 4.2 miles one way to Lanesboro.  OK, I bribed the kids with ice cream.  It was a level trail, but I was proud of Sofia for making it (not that she had another choice)!  Thankfully the trip back felt much quicker as I had rewards waiting!





No comments: